Inflammatory Post

OGE, just because Jesus loves everyone doesn't mean everyone should be allowed to teach your children. Look at I Corinthians 5. Just because you love your son, doesn't mean it's alright with you for him to not clean his room or stay out all night and you'll accept it. You don't make up rules just to spoil his fun and neither does God. We are told to hate the sin but love the sinner. While loving the sinner, let's not forget to hate the sin.

acco40 and NJ, being openly homosexual is in itself teaching that homosexuality is acceptable. You cannot seperate your personal life from your "scouting life". You cannot seperate what you do from what you teach. Everything you do is implicitly a lesson to those around you, a statement of your true beliefs.

You are what you do.

For two adult leaders to make smalltalk in the presence of scouts about what one is doing for his wedding anniversary is an implicit endorsement of marriage. For two adult leaders to make smalltalk in the presence of scouts about how one is going away for the weekend with his male lover is an implict endorsement of a homosexual lifestyle. How can one be openly homosexual and not teach that homosexuality is not sinful? BTW I would have alot of trouble with a leader who was "shacking up" too.

NJ you amuse me: Meanwhile, you would be letting ME be in a unit that does not ram anybody's religious beliefs down anybody else's throat.

No one forced you to be a part of the BSA and no one will stop you from leaving the BSA and joining an organization that has rules that you like. You joined the BSA of your own free will and you knew what the rules were when you joined. If anyone's religous beliefs are being rammed down your throat, you are doing the ramming. If you can't swallow the rules, put down the ramrod and walk out the door. Like it or lump it, I think you have to admit that the majority of the BSA membership and supporters are happy with the rules as they are and are not ammenable to the changes you seek. For the BSA to change its rules would be a tacit endorsement of the homosexual lifestyle as not sinful.

That would be very helpful and friendly of you.

Yes, in the same way as holding open the door for a guy who's robbing the bank would be. I do not want to be helpful and friendly to sin.