Pray for the DC area

As you no doubt are aware, a sniper has been picking off folks at random in the DC, VA, and MD area. He has committed nine murders in less than two weeks. It is a very unnerving experience to be living around DC these days. I ask you to pray for the millions of people who do live here. In addition to the normal pressures of life, we now must contend with a sniper who kills for fun. His youngest victim was a 13-year-old boy (who is still fighting for his life in Children's Hospital). People are afraid to go to the gas station or to go grocery shopping. Pray for a full recovery for this young boy; pray for peace of mind for those who have to live in this area; and pray they catch this guy soon. Thanks.

Not to be argumentative but neither my wife nor I find it unnerving. Disturbing but not unnerving. If he shoots one person a day, you more likely to win the Lotto than get shot.

Now, I'm not wearing a shirt that says, "Shoot me!" but I have been buying Lotto tickets.

If he doesn't get stopped the hard way, I doubt that he'll see much jail time at all. His doctors will proclaim that he doesn't know right from wrong, his parents will be blamed and society will take the ultimate blame because he was kicked out of college for cheating. He'll go to a mental hospital, lie to the doctors and then be out again, "cured," in a few years.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't let up now...Looks as if God is answering our prayers...The purported evidence seems to indicate that the snipers have been caught. No matter what anyone else may say, hundreds of thousands of people in the DC, MD, and VA area are feeling great relief today. Praise be to our God.

I am so happy for you and Yaworski as well that you guys have one less menace to worry about (I hope)

I would also remind us all to still pray, while I am no psychic, I would ask us all to pray for those who will be murdered tonight, whether in the DC area or not.