Virginia Park now taken over by gay sex

The sad saga continues -

http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20021125-96575506.htm

These men have no self-control. And some folks wonder out loud, "Why does BSA consider homosexuals to be improper role models?" While it is never right to judge a group by a few, it is stupid to ignore patterns - This is an all too common pattern found in the homosexual community.

Rooster,

All you have proven is there is a population of obnoxious homosexuals who frequent this park. I take this no more of proof of a pattern in the entire Gay Community than I would the behavior of Ohio State University studentrs who rioted after the big win on saturday is indicative of the general conduct of all Ohio State University students, Big Ten students, or college students.

Have you ever considered that serial rapists most often are men attacking women?

OGE

Matt 7:1-5

In the United States...

Every 15 seconds a woman is beaten.

Every 3 minutes a woman is raped.

Only 1 out of every 10 victims of domestic violence report the incident.

Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women between the ages of 15 and 44.

Domestic violence is the number one cause of emergency room visits by women.

Between one and four million women are abused by current or former husbands or boyfriends each year.

More than 3 million children witness acts of domestic violence every year.

Women are 10 times more likely than men to be victimized by an intimate

Nearly one-third of American women (31 percent) report being physically or sexually abused by a husband or boyfriend at some point in their lives, according to a 1998 Commonwealth Fund survey.4

See a pattern??????

OGE and sctmom,

However, have you considered viewing these events in context to their population sizes? I.e.- Homosexuals make up about 2% of the population vice a general population of men equaling about 50%. sctmom - even if you have a strong case for the condemnation of most men, do you feel that somehow excuses the behavior of other subgroups? Have you tried comparing these events to other events in dissimilar groups? I.e. - Can you relate a story similar to this one whereas a public facility is taken over by the local heterosexual population to perform lewd acts in public without regard to others, with no other relation outside of their sexuality?

As an aside regarding sctmom's statistics - I don't place much value in them - especially if a source is not quoted. Too many groups with causes manipulate statistics to make them say what they want them to say. I have no doubt that there are plenty of abusive men. I'm just not convinced that there's as many as some would have us believe. Not to be argumentative, but let me ask some questions.

Every 15 seconds a woman is beaten.

Is this per reported cases? What is the criteria for beatenNot that a slap in the face is to be applauded, but does that qualify as a "beaten".

Every 3 minutes a woman is raped.

Is this per reported cases?

Only 1 out of every 10 victims of domestic violence report the incident.

How do we know this to be true? If it's not reported, then how does one make this determination? How reliable is it?

Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women between the ages of 15 and 44.

So, within this age range, it's more likely that a woman will suffer an injury from an assault by her partner than twist an ankle, pull a muscle, or suffer any other kind of common injury? I really can't believe that to be true.

Domestic violence is the number one cause of emergency room visits by women. Between one and four million women are abused by current or former husbands or boyfriends each year. More than 3 million children witness acts of domestic violence every year.

Interestingly, I read that children are much more likely to be abused by mom than dad.

Women are 10 times more likely than men to be victimized by an intimate

Is this a testimony against men or human nature? If women were stronger than men, would we be seeing the same statistics?

Nearly one-third of American women (31 percent) report being physically or sexually abused by a husband or boyfriend at some point in their lives, according to a 1998 Commonwealth Fund survey.

What do you know about the Commonwealth Fund? Do they have an agenda? What are their criteria for being physically or sexually abused? I once read that a certain feminist (can't remember who at the moment) felt a woman was raped every time she had sex with her husband.

Mark Twain once commented: "There are liars, damn liars and statistics."

sctmom, don't take this the wrong way...I'm not accusing you of anything. I just don't trust the facts that you've presented.

Rooster, I pulled those statistics from many sources. These were the most conservative estimates, each presented by many different Domestic Violence groups. Want to see more, just search for "Domestic Violence stats" and you will find many pages. I specifically did not use the stats that were so vague as to say "between 1 million and 4 million women..." That's a pretty big range.

Does it excuse gays for having sex in the public? NO! But I could use similiar examples to say all men should be locked away.

How many men are involved in this park problem? Is it 30% of gay men in the United States?

Heterosexuals also have sex in public. Living in a metropolitan area I'm sure you know of strip bars. I betcha there are also "clubs" for couples who want to "share". Those clubs do not let single men join, only couples of single women. Does that make all heterosexuals a bad group? These clubs include people from various walks of life, many are professionals (it's not cheap to get into these places). So does that make everyone making over $100,000 per year a bad person? Nope.

You can't generalize about the gay population because of what is happening in this park. It's horrible what is happening there, but it doesn't justify discriminating against all gays.

We can just as easily give you examples of gays that lead "normal" lives, have given all they could to help others, lead a celibate life, etc. No matter how many of such cases are presented to you, you still would not change your stance that they are "dangerous".

I do not believe that the people referred to in this story are representative of gays as a whole, and what they do should not be used to draw any conclusions, except about those individuals. I have known a number of gay people in my life, and none of them were the kind that would engage in public activity like this; the vast majority of them were not what we used to call "promiscuous"; most of them were in monogamous relationships, the only "unusual" thing being the gender of their "roommate."

Rooster, if you want to legitimately compare gays to straights, I think you have to look at all types of sexual behavior. Maybe gays do have a higher percentage of "sex in public places" than straights, though I have to report anecdotally that the only time I have ever personally glimpsed 2 people "in the act" in a public park, they were of opposite genders. But so what? Both "orientations" have their share of evil-doers. Since only straight people can get married, we have to conclude that one hundred percent of adultery is committed by straights (except maybe in Vermont, depending on how you want to look at it.) And then there are Sctmom's statistics. If a woman were beaten every 15 minutes or 15 hours instead of 15 seconds, what difference would it make? It doesn't change the point, which I think is that a substantial amount of violence is perpetrated by men, straight men, against women with whom they have relationships. It does not mean all men are bad, just as the antics of some juvenile gay people in a park somewhere do not reflect on the vast majority of gay folks who are law-abiding, respect the rights of others, and who conduct their personal relations in private where they are supposed to be.

Rooster, I think the problem is that for whatever reason, you are incapable of viewing gay people and straight people on a "level playing field." Gay is bad, straight is good, and everything else flows from that. I think the double-standard is hard-wired into your brain, and as a result you are incapable of evaluating the facts clearly. That is not meant as a personal attack; I just wish you could see things as they are. Maybe there is a pill you can take.