Rooster writes:

"This "small part of part of the gay community", would they be the same ones that sponsors these parades all over the country? Would they be the same ones disturbing the masses at St. Patrick's in NY? Would they be the same ones posting garbage all over the Internet? This small part of community seems to be everywhere. "

I understand what you are saying. They are very vocal, to say the least. My only point is to not assume that all gays are like that. The same as don't judge all Christians by one TV evangalist who calls himself Christian, while dipping his hand in the till and sleeping around.

As much good as the internet does, it also gives a lot of crazy people (not just gays) a place to get their word out in large ways.

Even though I don't agree with you about everything, Rooster, I do appreciate your debating style.

The reason I ask about the percentage number is because as we all know, statistics can be made to support any cause. Even some of the studies that back up my views are very skewed.

I'd also like to know how many pedophiles were sexually abused as children themselves.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good sctmom, the respect is flowering....

Very few statistics regarding this issue are bias-free. However, after all of the studies I've seen, I'd feel pretty safe in saying that 2-5% of Americans are homosexual and 35% of pedophiles are homosexual. After that, however...

Thanks for your debate style as well.

sctmom,

Even though I don't agree with you about everything, Rooster, I do appreciate your debating style.

I'll take that as a compliment...I strongly suspect that we are on opposite ends of the political spectrum. Despite our differences, I also suspect that I would enjoy your company. You seem to have a very good heart.

You put in me in a very difficult situation. It's quite puzzling. My convictions run deep. These are not issues that I feel I can ignore for the sake of friendship. Yet, I really don't want to offend folks such as yourself and OGE. Funny, how life works out? Many of the people I like the most, I quite often disagree with passionately.

So, I thank you for "appreciating my debating style". I only hope you can still appreciate me when my passion for an issue overrules my ability to reason amicably. Yet, I also hope you can appreciate that while I want to be viewed as your friend, I have to speak the truth as I believe it to be.

Rooster, I highly respect you for your ability to stand by your views and beliefs. You know where you stand and state so without degrading others.

I realized my questioning of the percentages of pedophiles that are homosexual might be taken the wrong way. I find myself mainly wanting to know more about the breakdown of who is a pedophile. What makes these people do this? How many were molested as young children? How many consider themselves homosexual? How many molest same gender children but do not participate in adult homosexual relationships? What types of backgrounds do these people have? What makes some homosexuals do this and not all of them? Why do some survivors of abuse then abuse others and some do not?

I think anytime there is a tragedy, humans want to do know "WHY?". Why did the car crash? Why did the medicine not work? Why did that person get the disease and others did not? Why did some people get out of the World Trade Center and others didn't?

Pedophilia is such a disgusting and horrible act that if we only knew why they do it maybe we could stop it.

I do agree with you. However, I will always see homosexuality and pedophilia as having at least one common link - sin. I do wonder what possess some folks to behave in a certain manner. I am curious about some of the same things you have stated. Yet, I am not completely baffled. Ultimately, I am convinced that these people (whether it be the pedophile or the homosexual) are exercising their free will to achieve self-gratification.

"Why do people suffer?"From accidents, disease, or at the hands of others (i.e., the victim of a pedophile), is an age-old question. I do have an answer, but its not one that most folks are willing to accept. My answer is from the Bible -

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Don't ask me how? I don't purport to be God. I do believe in Him and His Word.