Wow does your Council run alot of WB courses!!

You must be a huge council (but close to Philmont, I am sure that training is a high priority/interest for your area.. Still unless you get lots of people traveling from out of council to your course, I am surprised that the number of people who want to staff does not multiply by the number of courses that you host, since at least about 1/4 of those who go through woodbadge would then like to staff woodbadge..

Ah yes, Circle Ten Council out of Dallas! I've attended a WB course director's conference at their council offices before. Huge population center, so lots of WB and NYLT courses per year. Most people are impressed to hear that my council holds 2 per year, but we don't hold a candle to Circle Ten.

Deaker, were you a scout as a youth? Im not sure what exposure/experience, youve had in the Boy Scout program. I assume by your comments you have gone through wood Badge, and thats admirable, but you want to be sure you have solid real-world Boy Scout leader experience before putting yourself forward for NYLT staff. I applaud your decision to step up, just make sure this is the right time, and youre ready.

With both programs, Wood Badge and NYLT, the CDs typically will hand pick the staff. Its never too early to let it be known that youre willing to help out. Rarely have I seen an offer of assistance passed on.