My Troop Guide gave us guidence on this for each ticket item. Could be a pic., could be a note, whatever was appropriate. For example, I presented a "What Knot-Why Not" game I developed for Scouts at 2 Roundtables (a game with a purpose - luv that!. The RT Commissioner just wrote a note for me saying so. One thing my TG said, I have used as a TG, and told TG's when I was ASM for TGs, was re those ticket items that might be a little more difficult. It was: "A Scout is trustworthy. Scouters should be too. Because of this, when you tell You've completed it, I'll take your word for it". So, I suggest to contact your TG to review verifications - after all, it;s the TG would signs off on your ticket. Hope this helps.

Just an Ol' B'ar riding his ticket...GwaP

I used the SMART method on all my Tickets. Everything was written up in the same format and it certainly gave me focus on how those tickets were related to what I wanted to accomplish.

Pictures were a big part of my verification. I also scanned some documents I received to add to the whole write up.

It's not a Masters thesis, Keep it simple.

You decide when your ticket is complete... and you relay it to the staffer assigned as guide.

When I was a participant, I used a combination of feedback forms I summarized as a "self-critique" on a couple. They were Training related (needed a thick skin :) because I hadn't learned how to schedule the weather yet. :-)

One was a 3-ring binder/resource CD I presented to the incoming Cub Master.

Your road is unique to your tasks. Put yourself in the observer view... how would someone see or know when your task is finished? Is there a tangible result or can it be captured in some kind of way.

Thanks everyone for your help, those are all great ideas and will definitely be talking with my TG so see what she thinks. I was thinking about a form but wasn't sure if that was something they would want to see but if it's been done by others I am sure it would be ok...or that is my hope! I had no idea this was going to be so involved but it's been awesome so far!!

WB 92 67

Fox Patrol

I've put together a notebook (with "evidentials") to hand over to my Troop Guide this next week. There were a few items that needed confirmation from other Scouters, so I had them send the TG and me email to confirm. I figure since the TG knows all of these people, he could always call them, if necessary.

Last night, I was on the phone with another TG from the same course, but on a different matter. When the subject came up, he told me that with his patrol, he is doing everything by email, and he's fine with that.

Looking back, I probably should have put more thought into the "verifiable" aspect of my goals. Not that I had any real problems, but I think some thought up front could have made the whole process just a little easier.

Guy

(done, but waiting for confirmation)

(NE-I-267 Owl)

Most of the activities I organize have things left over when I'm done with them. Publicity flyers, e-mail announcements, room reservations, leftover program material, thank you notes, sign in sheets, completed applications.

Of course that will depend on what your program might be. But if you think about that in advance you can probably design things like that into your program to have them available afterwards.

Just as an example, I want to do an effective job of promoting day camp at the April 18th pack meeting for my pack, which doesn't have a history of participating in day camp.

I have several e-mails to pack leaders discussing who we want to ask to be the Day Camp Co-ordinator.

I sent out an e-mail asking our Order of the Arrow leader to designate that night as an OA activity, and another e-mail to Troop leaders asking them to provide us with 2-3 Boy Scout OA members in their sashes to help promote day camp at the pack meeting.

The Day Camp Coordinator will have day camp information packets at the pack meeting, and parents will sign a sheet indicating they are interested in attending day camp. One of those information packets might be one of your metrics.

And finally we will have a report on the number of families that actually sign up for and participate in day camp.

There should be a pretty good paperwork trail in all that.

By the way --- I took Wood Badge in 1985. But as you can see above "working your ticket" never really stops!