Well just back from my last weekend at WB. have to admitt, gonna miss it some. had a blast, got to meet a lot of great people I call FRIENDS.

Our patrol presation went very well, infact was told it moved a couple people to cry some.

I did not think it would had that much impact on them, I did not think it was great or I did a good job, but guess I did.

Looking forward to working my tickets.

October Sky at ours too (NE-I-267, fall 2009).

I've seen it about 10 times total, so I was actually relieved that my TG wanted to do "ticket talk" while it was playing. Otherwise, I'd guess that I would have fallen asleep.

Wood Badge is a great experience. The film clips that are used are perfect for the program. After my beading this past August, I was asked to be a part of the next course. I am looking forward to the opportunity to help others become stronger leaders.

Not sure if they run the same movies, and from some of the responses I guess not. We saw clips from Casablanca "Usual Character", and some other films?? But October Sky we saw all of it, and it was great. I down loaded the WB Program book off of the web, but it doesn't say which films to watch. But it does talk about "WIN ALL YOU CAN!"

I know for a fact that the SM team on my WB course flew over to the US for the Tools to give the course. They even had to sign a letter saying they would teach the course exactly like it was given to them. Had this discusion already.

beardad,

congrats and keep working!

Fellow Scouters and Fellow Critters,

Greetings!

WB21C has had about 5-6 minor modifications, in 10 years.

A few years ago the Web to Scout Bridging moved from an hour after check in to just after lunch. Another topic substituted backpacking stoves, and strategic planning was modified. But the majority of the curriculum stays the same.

However, the movies have been the same since 2001. Since it is an educational course/school, the council has to pay some entertainment royalties and intellectual property or educational proprietary rights/fees. Most of the courses I've attended and seen, they will run October Sky, sometimes as a pajama party, they want the learner to take something back from it, but relax and enjoy the movie as well. I was disappointed during one course when I saw learners sitting upright in metal chairs in tight rows. I felt uncomfortable.

Some weeklong courses will allow this night as an optional double feature, since they teased the students with clips from Remember the Titans. They may advertise it as October Sky (with reflection afterwards) and Remember the Titans Movie Night.

The course staff usually allows patrols to make up their mind to stay thru the second movie, go back and get some sleep, or work on the patrol flag, cheer, and personal ticket.

I usually comment about these movies while promoting fellow Scouters to attend the course. If you only have a minute during an event to sell Wood Badge, I say key names/words like Steven Covey, Franklin Covey, Ken Blanchard, Team Development, and some Disney Movies (everyone loves Disney Movies) and they all have happy endings. Then saying, if you want a successful Pack or Troop, attend Wood Badge; if you really want a successful Troop (or Crew) attend NYLT.

(Disclaimer: Of all the movie clips, I think October Sky is the only one that is Universal Studies, I believe all the other clips are Disney, MGM, and Buena Vista)

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

Now I remember the other clips they were from "Remember the Titans". I'm glade there wasn't two films.. I was damn tired at this moment in the course, and needed some time away, and a chance to work on Patrol Project, and Ticket.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished staffing my 2nd weekend for the 2nd time on October 3rd, so I feel your pain!

I just attended our Area Leadership Conference for training for next year's Wood Badge and feel the excitement building for next fall's course!