Please help me on my ticket item.

Fellow Scouters I would appreciate your help. Three ticket items down, and two to go.

I am creating a "How to be a Troop Chaplain" booklet. This is something that goes beyond the single page issued by national. It is not a "Scout's Own" or "Scout Worship Service" resource book. It is meant to be given to a Chaplain or prospective Chaplain who may have only a minimal amount of Scouting knowledge, and give them a running start at doing the job successfully. We have them for SM, SPL, PL, Den Chief etc., why not for the Chaplains.

I would appreciate any suggestions for topics you feel would be important to cover. Please post them here or send them to me via private message.

Thank you in Advance

Yours in Scouting

BSAChaplain

Potential Chapters...

Your Role as Chaplain

Working with the Chaplain's Aide

BSA Religious Policies

Ministering to Other Religions

Sample Prayers and Services

Making Scout Sunday a Special Day

Pastoral Care for Teenage Boys

Religious Awards Program

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

From the National Lutheran Association of Scouters:

http://www.nlas.org/resource.htm

There's lots of source information on this page.

I'm also going to PM you, so I can get your email. I'll then put you in touch with our Council's Chaplain Trainer.

I think there is accomplished work you can adapt and re-deploy, rather than building a product from scratch.

John

Another Good Old Owl Too

C-40-05

BSAChaplain -- good luck with the ticket!!!

It's probably too far off topic for your book, but it would be nice if there was a way to bring the "Chaplainship" to Units without, and who are ignorant of the value, or choose not to have a chaplain.

How about "Unit Chaplain as Steward" >> focusing on how the Chaplain role can be future looking and increase/ensure the Unit's experience even beyond his/her tenure.

jd

The Interfaith Religious Recognition Committee published a small handbook: "A Scout is Revernt, Duty to God Handbook" that has a chapter (4 pages) discussing the Unit Chaplain position.

The contact in my copy is David Gironda gironda@qwest.net

SWScouter

These are great! Some were already included others will definitely be added and the rest will be great follow-ups. In the process of doing this, I have become involved with resurrecting our Council's Religious Relationship Committee. Even when this manual is compelted as a Ticket item. It will probably evolve into a more complete resource, or secondary booklet.

"Back to Gilwell happy land, happy land,

I'm going to work my ticket if I can."