Ok, tough comments and questions to CNY and NLD. Recommend they become a hard discussion around the crackerbarrel before your Council goes forward with this proposal:

1) If the training is required, then

- there is a reward for doing

- there is a consequence for failing to do.

To my mind, both the reward and the consequence need to be strong enough to get undivided attention.

- Reward can be something significant (free LT camp for 3 years for the trained leader mebbe).

- To my mind, the consequence needs to be as severe as revoking registration ... otherwise the leaders are still there, and they'll recharter, and "mandatory" became "yeah, yeah."

2) What does the Council Executive Board and voting membership think? The IHs and CORs have a vote on a policy issue this big, as does the Council Executive Board/Committee.

3) How deep is the Council depth chart? Who steps up to take over leadership if/when someone is turned away for saying "No I won't" to this concept. What happens if a Chartered Partner weighs in?

No need to respond here in the forum; but I ask you take these questions back to the Key 3 of your Council.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic