I had roasted pig once at a state fair - yum, yum!!

We have a WebII who is a dwarf (his parents informed me that "little person" is considered by some if not most to be pejorative). His mom had talked to me on several occasions about how nervous she was about him camping, some of the activities, whether or not he could be successful, etc. So my ticket item was to contact any number of people associated with the BSA disability program, read up on the condition, solicit the advice of others in this forum, and, in the end, have a conference with the parents where we mapped out how he could succeed in Scouts, what accommodations might have to be made, etc. (Hear the "might have to be made" - not the "will be made" - the goal is to enable, not coddle.)

Another person in our patrol asked a docent from our local Holocaust Museum/Memorial to make a presentation to the troop. She is, herself, a survivor.

Vicki

Our Troop does an Advancement night once a month at Troop meetings. The Scouts have asked have asked for this time to work on MBs (mostly required ones) and lower rank requirements if needed.

To find out our Scouts interests I put together a handout with a list of MBs and asked them to mark the required MBs they needed and any MBs they would like to see offered.

When I complied the data (and after reading this thread) this information really showed what diverse interests the Scouts had.

Now if I can just figure out how to use this information to develop a Wood Badge ticket on diversity.

Any ideas?

CNYScouter