• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wood Badge for adults is really just like JLT for youth in my book. The only real difference is that the course directors are usually better qualified and there is less variance between them than troop JLT.

Also, just like JLT, if one goes in thinkg "this is lame" one doesn't get much out of the team building and leadership content of the course. The right frame of mind really helps. It also helps if you get to be a Bear!

Also, in WB, you don't start out as a patrol. One starts as a member of a den. You begin the course as a Cub Scout and quickly transition to a Boy Scout.

"I am only making decisions about what is right for me. I dont pretend to know what is right for others. Perhaps you feel differentlyI?"

Gee Padre, I'm sorry. Here I thought you were trying to make fun of community volunteer scout leaders by comparing them to hippies of the 60s My mistake.

I would never make fun of scout volunteers.

But I dont agree that WB is for everyone. I would never take it based on my experiences with the people that wear beads. I am afraid of the implant they put into you at the course. They all sound alike when they come back. ;-)

Do you write your own stuff?

"I would never make fun of scout volunteers. I am afraid of the implant they put into you at the course. I see adults dress alike, join a group of like minded people, sing funny songs, have special bonding experiences, spend time with special teachings, put beads around their necks, think they are enlightened and tell me I dont get it and I should join them before they are willing to count my opinion. I think you guys are having flashbacks!"

you only make fun of them sometimes?

"I've been involved with so much TQM and TQL stuff that has done nothing except get in the way of generating a good product. Ive had my share of that stuff with the same results. Some guy gets up there with a lot of useless B school buzz words."

Golly gee I guess when we implemented a TQM process and the waste number went from 10 percent a month to under 5 it was a waste of the company money. We paid for the course with savings within 6 months. Probably has something to do with the effort that someone puts into it. Yes, I know it easier to make something fail than it is to make something work.

"Golly gee I guess when we implemented a TQM process and the waste number went from 10 percent a month to under 5 it was a waste of the company money."

If the MBAs hadn't screwed things up in the first place, you wouldn't need to give another bunch of MBA money to fix it.

Au contraire!! (Sorry my French is a little rusty),

One, it is easier to make something work than to make something fail.

Two, quality is free, or did you forget that one. If you paid anything, you paid too much.

And Padre, please keep in mind that Bob is the only one here who "get's it".:)