CUB LEADER SPECIFIC - REVISION

It was announced at our Training Committee meeting last night that the Cub Leader Specific Self-Study program is being resurrected and a revised version will be out this summer. As it was explained, it is designed to be used under the mentorship of the Pack Trainer. Anyone have more details?

That has been part of the new training continuum since its release two summers ago. All basic leader training courses are designed to be delivered as large group instruction, small group instruction, mentor to trainee, or as a self-study course with follow-up by a qualifed trainer.

When I took on the job of District Training Chairman, I was handed a box full of stuff ("Training Kit"). It was not in there.

Our professional staff advisor to the Training Committee said that it was part of the old CS Basic Training, had been discontinued, and now it's coming back in a revised form, per a phone call he had with someone at National.

That's all I know.

Self-Study is one of the methods of training discussed in the Leadership Committee Training Guide #34169F. There are several pages that talk about the methods and how to make them work sucessfully. To quote the book regarding self-study, "This training method is the least desirable of the three because it has more limitations. It shoud be used only when neither group training nor personal coaching are possible. Such cases are rare."

The "Training Kit" (box of stuff) doesn't normally come with the Leadership Committee Training Guide. I consider it my "training bible" and would be lost without it. Well worth the $3.