Spirit stick ideas

Has anyone used or heard of a spirit stick? I'm looking for some ideas. Basically, I want to award a den the spirit stick for the month. They will earn this in several ways based off of a point system.

1) Boys in full uniform from head to toe. I believe if the boys have the full uniform then they should wear it. The issue is that if they don't have the full uniofrm, then their den shouldn't be penalized for that.

2) Best behavior at pack meeting.

3) Most spirited.

4) Percentage of attendance at den meetings

5)

Once the den receives the spirit stick, they can decorate a section of it however they please that would represent their den. They bring it to den meetings, campouts, events, etc. Since this will be a competition and all of the dens will have a chance to get it, I'm thinking that the den could earn it more than one time. In other words, they could possible earn it two or three times within the year.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

In response to ScoutNut's questions:

>>"But, if you are giving points based on how many Scouts are wearing the complete uniform ("head to toe"), and how many times (den meetings, Pack meetings, den/Pack activities, etc) they are wearing that complete uniform, then you are "penalizing" the entire den for the boys who do not have a "head to toe" complete uniform.

Perhaps you should change the criteria to simply be "most boys in uniform", and not stipulate "complete" uniform.">"Since you are including den meetings, why is only good behavior at Pack meetings rewarded?">"What do you consider "spirited"? How do you get to be "more spirited"?