Talk to me about Tiger Cubs

I took the plunge and called the CM last night. He is going to forward the application. I completed YPT online too.

As to the uniform, is it acceptable to wear a Lodge Flap?

I havent' read all of the replies but I see you are going to register as the Tiger DL. That's great! I was my son's Tiger DL because I was the last one to avert my eyes from the then CM when he asked for a volunteer. My son was so happy. I have been the CM for the last 2 years starting my 3rd. They Tiger DL was the best year for me as a leader. I really got to know the boys and their families and to see how they have changed is remarkable. They will be Webelos this year and we have retained 7 of the 10. My best DLs all were Tiger DLs. I think it is best to learn the program from the beginning with the rest of the Tiger parents. They will know that you are new to CS just like them. Most will be eager to help. I always started my Tiger den meetings off with a quick, silly game. I suggest you do the same. After 2-3 months when you start hearing the boys say they look forwad to cub scout night or when you announce that there will be not meeting the next week and they all have sad faces, you will know you are doing the right thing.

Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Tiger scouts are amazing ants in their pants, squirmy, wiggly creatures!

I was Tiger Leader two years ago, and Tiger Coach this year. It was a hard transition for my husband coming from 25+ years of Boy Scouts "boy led" to "parent led" cub scouts. I see you have taken the plunge! My advice is remember that these are 6 year olds, and not 12 year olds. There is a VAST maturity difference. These boys will tell you that freedom means you can fart whenever, where ever you want (been there, gotten that answer). You will need all the cooks you can get. I ran the program by myself, because I didn't know I was supposed to get help.

Remember it is only 1 hour a week, and best of luck. I would be tiger den leader again in a heartbeat!

M