Bridging new Tigers

Last night we incorporated an idea I heard mentioned here. We included 3 younger brothers in the bridging ceremony. These boys will all be in first grade next Fall. They have been around the Pack with their older brothers and were very excited to cross the bridge to receive their Tiger neckerchiefs and slides. (And their parents received the membership applications!) The smiles on their faces are what keeps me doing this great activity.

FTB

Way to Go. Incorporate those new boys into the pack, so they , and their parents, feel welcome!

At our Pack Picnic next week, we will be bridging the boys over to their next rank. We will also be letting the new Tigers bridge and receive their neckers and Pack t's at the same time.

I'm also trying to encourage our experienced parents to step up and get to know these new parents, make them feel welcome with our family!

I formed a Bobcat Den of all our newly recruited boys after our April 2nd recruiting night. Monday they will have completed their Bobcat requirements.

The 1st graders will move into the existing Tiger Cub Den as part of closing out the Bobcat den. The Kindergarteners will form the new Tiger Cub Den, and will be awarded their Tiger Paw along with the beads they have earned during our Bobcat Den activities.

At our June 2-3 camp out, each den including the new Tiger Cub Den will make new den flags and a den cheer.

4theboys- do you mean that you give the parents adult applications aren't the Tiger scouts get neckerchief/slide, or are you handing out those items before you have a completed youth application for the New tigers in hand?

Seattle- you have your roundup rather early, especially for kindergartners. Although you can turn in the applications for the Ks in April and May, the prorated fee should be figured on a June 1 join date when these boys are considered 1st graders and the registrar can enter them into the system. Until then they are guests of the pack at pack meetings and activities. They cannot earn Bobcat, Tiger beads, or any official awards until after June 1 when they will be registered. (I know LDS units put boys into/between dens based on birthdate, not grade)

I like the idea of a rank changeover ceremony in May or June, and their ranks haven't been held back to present now.