P.S. As to the suggested minimum, I agree. I know they do that based on "One Scout One Year", but I think they do turn a lot of people off by hanging that number out there.

I'd be more inclined to give *something* if I wasn't made to feel like I was falling short by not matching the "box" amount.

That being said, someone mentioned that, as CM, of course I'm going to get these mailings. I find it amusing that the professional Scouters would see fit to solicit money from me, who not only pays my own son's way, but like every kid-leader (teachers, Sunday School teachers, coaches, etc...), I end up spending my own money for my other Cubs.

I was particularly offended when the FOS lady at my B&G was following me around like a puppy dog, chattering about how everyone with a son in the program should consider blah, blah, blah. I was RUNNING A BANQUET and she was keeping me from it. It did not make me want to break out my checkbook; CM-set-the-example or no.

It's like that old joke: Preachers are paid for being good. The rest of us are good for nothing.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic