Tiger Cub badges earned... now what?

Yeah, to echo what Clemlaw said and to be more in depth with what I posted earlier:

June 1st is a date National chose because it was a "well, why not" date.

Every pack, district, or even council may have different dates based on their own ideas or dates based on their school caledar.

Thing is, evert school system ...right down to the county level ( at least in NC ) sets it's own start/stop dates.

So instead of figuring out what school system or state to follow, National goes with June 1st. Truth be told, that might not be the entire technically correct truth, but close enough ( as I was told by my DE) for practicallity's sake.

So you can call your Tiger a Tiger until the first day of the next season of scouting, or you can call him a Wolf on the last day of this season. Or you can have a graduation ceremony anywhere in between abd graduate him to the next rank.

We have a graduation campout/pack campout in April. When those boys are done with the ceremony Sat night, we consider the the next rank. But at this time, we start cooling off a bit and most activities are of the beltloop/pin nature anyways and are not necessarily rank specific or constrained.

'Fish is spot on. June 1 has been the official promotion date for record purposes since before I was a DE. And it it due to the multitude of ending dates for school.

I remember when my school district ended school before Memorial Day. And I remember well it b/c the week of Memorial Day was when my district had CSDC. As you can imagine, not many folks attended.

But now due to state mandates, the schools end in mid-June. So Summer camp and CSDCs adjusted accordingly.