Weeblos and Boy Scouts camp outs

I co-chaired a camporee for my district before this inane policy went into place. We set up a rifle range for black powder & percussion rifles. Meet all the guidelines! The Scouts loved it! The Webelos couldn't stop talking about it and wished they coulda shot! Great recruiting tool!

I chaired a Camporee a couple of years ago. Went through all of this Webelos/Scout camping mess. ScoutNut is correct. Webelos are not allowed to spend the night or take part in activities at a Boy Scout Camporee. They can visit but have to leave at night.

Webelos are encouraged to camp with a Troop (one on one and one night at a time) to experience what Scouting is about, just not at a Camporee. Agree or disagree that is how it is.

Some People even say that holding a Weblosree and a Camporee at the same time in the same vicinity of each other (though there are seperate Camping and activity areas) is skirting the intention of this policy. Go figure.

John in KC,

Sounds like a wonderful Camporee. I am in the process of trying to schedule/plan a camporee for my District in November. They have not had a Camporee in over three years. (back to subject as do not want to hijack thread).

Your Camporees sound wonderful and I could understand if that was the norm.

QUESTION: Is Shooting normal at Camporees? (This will be a new thread)

YiS,

Rick