Webelos program for Readyman????.please help!

Here are my thoughts...

1. talk to local troops, one is bound to want to help

2. find a local military base ... most have medical facilities and go through "war games" ... when I was a Scout at Edwards AFB, the base hospital about once a year would ask the Scouts to help by being victims and at some time would also help expand our first aid knowledge / skills.

3. ask around, for example for a camporee we found out one of the leaders we knew had a son-in-law that was a firefighter ... the son-in-law got together about 5 buddies and they ran or medic station on a rotating basis... maybe you kind find help in a similar way ...

Just my wacky 2 cents...

Scott Robertson

http://insanescouter.org

http://www.linkedin.com/in/insanescouter

Helping leaders one resource at a time....

2eagles-

The ARC in my area is "greater chicago". We are about 30 miles northwest of chicago in Mchnery county. I was unalbe to find any class offerings off the ARC website. I will try to call to see if I can get a voluteer to work with us. It certianly doesn't seem important enough to warrant a road trip but if you know of someone in this area, please pass along the contact info. I appreciate the help!

I'm trying to find a structured program for this requirement rather than teaching on my own for a couple reasons:

1. I think it covers some really important life skills so I want the information to be accurate and informative and hands-on. (though I do think it should be age appopriate...the program that was described with all of the stations and lots of talking sounds too involved for this age group)

2. By now, the boys in my den are probably getting tired of hearing me talk to them! (and I'm a bit tired myself). I think it's always more interesting to work with the pros when learning in scouts.

The firestation suggestions sound promising...I'm going to reach out with some phone calls tomororw and move on to the local troops and council from there.

Thanks again to all for the tips!