Polar Camp - Winter Day Camp

I had a hair brain idea that I could use some guidence on. Since we are a new pack that didn't get started until October I thought about taking all eleven of our boys and having a twenty four hour scout-a-thon type event. Since their winter break from school is comming up soon we could plan to start the friday they let out early, aound one, and have a lock in at the church where we are chartered and spend twenty four hours doing nothing but cub scout achievements and belt loops and scouting type things. Since we live in Texas I know it will be cold but not snowing so the weather should be pretty nice to play outside. What do you think? What should we definatly do and what should we not even try to attempt? We have just over thirty days to put this together so any help I could get would be appreciated.

Our Pack usually does something like this, although this year scheduling didn't allow. What we usually do is have Our raingutter regatta on Friday night, followed by a camp-in and movie, then do a service project on Saturday morning. I kind of like the idea of doing other Cub Scout requirement type activities. Just remember that when naming and advertising it, with a "lock-in" most people usually think of it as dropping a child off and then picking them up. Make sure that your parents understand that this is a "camp-in" and that someone is expected to stay with the Cub and help them in the activities.