New Webelos earning Bobcat

I told my 3 Webelos to wear it on thier shirt in the same spot as the blue shirt for now, but to actually sew them on so they could remove them when it is time to put the Webelos badge on (again, sewn because it'll be coming off soon!)

The Bobcat badge can be worn centered on the left pocket, to be replaced by the Webelos badge (either diamond or oval shape) when earned.

or

The Bobcat badge can be worn at the top of the left pocket (in the top position of the rank badge diamond), with the diamond Webelos badge directly below it when earned.

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34282.pdf

I have to agree that it goes in the same location as it would on the blue uniform. But depending on how long it is going to be before they earn their webelos badge, you may want to consider getting them a rank holder. $1 at most scout shops. THis way if they will be earning the Webelos soon then they will not have to sew it on just to take it right back off.

But dont get me wrong. I am all for sewing on the rank, it is just that the Cub Scout ranks are not made the same as the boy Scout ranks.