presentation of colors

There is no hard and fast rule.

Back when I was a CM, the meetings were planned so that the duties were shared by each Den, with these duties changing every month.

The Pack meeting was a time to highlight what each Den had been doing over the past month with the Dens working on a common theme.

This worked well most of the time, but there were times when the Webelos Dens might not follow the same theme as the rest of the Pack.

I think having one Den doing everything is a little much and puts far too much work on the Den Leaders.

Of course while planning the Pack Meeting is left up to the CM, he or she will have gone over these plans a long time in advance. We made these plans at our yearly planning meeting.

Eamonn.

Eamonn.

We always have our Pack Meeting as a potluck meal and rotate which dens bring entree, side, dessert. Since some of our dens are smaller we put them together for this purpose on the list. Each den gets a month to do the flags and grace. The gathering activity is done by the Cubmaster. After the opening, we eat and then the Cubmaster gives information and the boys get to do an activity. Anything from a rain gutter race with little boats built during opening, to building a rain gutter sundae, to kick ball. We really dont do a true closing, boys just drift away during or after the game/ activity at the end. Clean up is minimal as we have our own building and clean as we go.

Our pack rotates which den does the colors each month. The same den retires the colors. I'm adding to their task to have an inspirational saying of some sort first and then bring up the colors.

Anther den will be greeters and hand out the preopening activity which I am bringing each month and then that den will alos have some sort of skit or den presentation to do.

Karen

Since our pack is so small we just have the whole pack do it at every meeting, den and pack.

usually one of the 6 kids in our pack volunteers to be the caller, then two of the remaining kids hold the US and Pack flags, and the other 3 kids line up behind them.