Red Vest different question

Can Webelos wear the red brag vest? My son is now a Webelos and I can not find any where that says it is just for tigers-bears. I have just never seen one on a Webleos.

Thanks for any answers.

Melissa

Absolutely!! Boy Scouts and Adult Leaders too!

From BSA Site:

Excess Insignia

With the exception of the Cub Scout badges of rank and Arrow Points, members wear only the insignia that show their present status in the movement. Members should make every effort to keep their uniforms neat and uncluttered. Previously earned badges and insignianot representing present statusmake a fine display on a BSA red patch vest, a trophy hide or blanket, exhibited in the home of the recipient, or at functions where such a display is invited. Members may wear only temporary patches (no badges of rank) on the back of the merit badge sash. Members may wear only one merit badge sash at a time. A merit badge sash is never worn on the belt.

Not only can Webelos wear the Red Vest, but so can Boy Scouts! Its pretty common for Boy Scouts to wear the Red Vest, at least until they start earning enough merit badges to warrant a merit badge sash - then most Scouts tend to wear the merit badge sash without the red vest (so the merit badges aren't hidden). So go ahead an tell your Webelos' that they can wear that red vest with pride!

Calico