We are going give a new award this year. We hope the results are two-fold. This scout has always offered to help adults as well as other scouts. He comes from a broken family with lots of problems and we hope a little extra reinforcement will encourage him to continue to be a top notch scout. Also it might help the other scouts strive for this award next year. On to my question. What would you call the award? We would like to have a small plaque engraved.

More than that...

Always says please and thank you without being told by parents. In general the best scout in the bunch. When asked if he was helping so and so he responded "yes... isn't that what scouts are suppose to do?"

My company's mission statement is called the #### Spirit. The annual employee of the year award (of which I'm a recipient) is called the #### Spirit award.

You might be able to call it the Troop ### Scouting Spirit Award. That way it allows you to have some flexibility toward the rules as there is no real definition of Scouting Spirit.

Have some criteria written down in case anyone asks. It sounds like a great idea and a special way to honor this young lad.

If you want to get a little whimsical, the "feet First" award as in he always jumps in feet first. Or the "Won't Say No" or the "Good Turn Award" may be good as well.

I gave out a "Mr. Somebody" award in the past to a Scout that always got up when a leader would say, "Somebody needs to pick up the Garbage" or "Somebody needs to tidy up under the dining fly" or Somebody needs to ... "

This Scout always, without fail would get up and do what needed to get done. So, he became "Mr. Somebody" He was honored with a special award at a COH. Other Scouts began jumping up to try to be the new "Mr. Somebody" after that award, and we had several "Mr. Somebody's" in the following years.

ASM59

We liked Scout Spirit, but thought it sounded like cheerleading. So we are going to turn it around to be Spirit of Scouting. That way it is open to be what ever is fitting that year. Thanks for the suggestions.