Ideas for Recruiting Giveaways

I was thinking that when we send home flyers, brochures, etc., if they actually make it home, they probably end up in the trash in a day or two. If we were to send home some promotional swag with some intrinsic value, it would be likely to hang around longer.

When my older boy was recruited about 5 years ago, he was given a CD with computer games and videos promoting Cub Scouting. I asked my DE about these, and he doesn't think they are available any longer. Does anyone know how to contact the organization responsible for production of this sort of thing to see if another run could be made, or if there is something else similar available?

If there's nothing useful available from the BSA, has anyone tried having toys, gadgets etc. printed with a plug for the pack to give out, primarily to Tiger age boys?

Paul

I'm not sure that schools would want to get into the business of distributing "swag" ... but if you have a table/booth at a back to school night, it could be a nifty idea. What about fridge magnets? All families of school-age kids use fridge magnets! I've seen business card sized magnets at office supply stores that could be ideal for this purpose.