OK, for those interested here is some more info I have gotten.

The way our council is doing this is a pack can chose to sponsor a Lion den. The Den uses the LFL Seekers book for its basis. It is quite frankly all most the same as old tigers program. They can attend pack meetings and do things like PWD, but they are registered as LFL members. There in lies the rub

If you run this as a COED program like one council is (name withheld) then if a young lady joins she can only do it 1 year, then what? She cannot join tiger the next year, she is out in the cold.

This was our major reason for staying all male. Now as to numbers, its been a lookwarm reception as far as I have been able to gather. We have no lions in our district. The council says they signed up about 600, where they are I have no clue and how many are left is a big question.

Like I said this was the first year of a 2 yr expirimental program

I personnaly think its a numbers game, get more scouts and get them earlier.

I personnaly think its a numbers game, get more scouts and get them earlier.

I would agree with this statement. But what happens is when it's time to cross over to Boy Scouts the boys & the parents have had enough! Hence, those numbers gained are lost & the pressure is back to maintain the numbers.

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

"What does a Lion Cub do as opposed to a Tiger?"

Here is a link to info on Learning for Life's Seekers program. At the bottom of the page you can find a sample lesson plan.

http://www.learningforlife.org/nav/seekers/index.html

As this is already a program in use by LFL, I doubt that this would be the program if a K-Cub level ever becomes official.