My pack is planning on having a cubmobile race this fall and Iam chairing this event and was hoping to get some advice from other people who have had successful races. We are currently planning on having each den make a cubmobile. (What type of axel / wheels did you use?)

Any advice? I haven't been able to find anyone who has done this event. Is this no longer a popular race?

Our Pack and several others I know do something similar we call a Cubanapolis. You make cars out of cardboard boxes. The kids "wear" these boxes as they race up and down. There are various other tasks involved like turning your shirt inside out and putting on gloves, responsibilities of these go to the pit crew (parents). We do the same thing at the District for Tigers. Lot's of fun and easy to do. The more racers you have, add more lanes.

My husband, our CM, and I were talking about us having one in the early summer next year. I would think that old lawnmower wheels or tricycle or training wheels. Some 2x4's and rope to steer. I don't know about the axles, still have to think about that. I think it will be a blast. Keep me posted or PM if you get some good ideas.

Carol

you can find the plans for the cars at

www.geocities.com/cybercubber/cubmobile.jpg

I would think if you run the races like a pinewood derby it could work.I've seen these cars raced many years ago. I do remember that each boy raced multiple times.