Still looking for ideas...all night about 250-325 scouts. Boy Scouts and Webelo's. Should start around 9:00pm finish around 3:00pm. Would like to finish with a camp fire...maybe. Scouts will have to ware a pack of some type (can hold supplies) may need them along the trail...unexpected challanges that may require something in their pack..........Still thinking

Sounds like great fun, but how about a little more imformation on your hike. I'm figuring maybe 10 or so miles in wooded and hilly terrain (Georgia).

The best that I can suggest is maybe a Cateye hike to mark the trail, plus way stations every few miles that hikers must check into for a head count...

Since you're dealing with a fairly large group of scouts, I would suggest that instead of a mass start, that crews be staggered out a bit, else the jackrabbits in the back will eventually run over the slower ones up front.....

Abraiu, I see you are in Middle Georgia. The Flint River Council, Tussahaw district, had a night hike a couple of years ago in the fall. They are planning the same this year.

You may want to contact them about what they did.

The website is www.tussahaw.org