Camp Director

Boy I wish. We are in the middle of camp now (my first year as director) and I'm already making notes about how to reduce the paperwork next year. One thought it to better use our district web site to communicate with the Cub families. On-line registration would be the next step.

I don't think BSA allows for on-line registration at this point. The problem is maintaining a secure site, etc. I know that our OA had been trying to do online registrations (not even collecting money) but had to shut it down.

• 1 month later...

I think it's a wonderful idea. I've built a web page for the camps I've done for many years, but the registration online would really really help in planning.

They could do a secure page, adding it to the Council or District page. Let's all put our heads together and come up with a plan.

Check out:http://www.bsaswmc.org/2003CommrCollege.htm

I plan on going to Commissioner's College and plan to register on-line and follow-up with payment. Maybe wrt privacy issues, youth vs. adult comes into play.

Yes twocubdad there is a difference. Online registration for training does not divulge information about minors that could jeopardize their safety. As AdvanceOn says the problem is security. Im sure many units would like to be able to re-charter online but the BSA is hesitant about putting personal contact info on millions of children out into cyberspace where the wrong person might access it.

Bob White