Pack Communications

I am a Asst Cubmaster in a wonderful pack. The leaders are great and we have a super cubmaster. This year, I took the job as AC to help her out. One of the problems I am to focus on is communications. I am currently doing e mail announcments (all leaders have it!)news letter, but something is still lacking. We even have a web site, but none seem to visit. Can I get suggestions on helping comminications between Pack leaders, dens and parents?

Hi Rescue Guy,

When I was a Cubmaster the pack had 14 dens. Every pack meeting we had a pack newslwtter and lots of handouts for the Den Leaders and the parents. We found the use of a pack mailbox solved our problems.

We had a plastic milk carton that had sections for holding file folders, that we bought at an office supply store. Each den had a folder with the den number on the tab. Inside the folder were all the handouts for the families in that den. The Den Leader or the Denner picked it up when they arrived at the meeting. They had the responsibility of making sure all the den families received the info. The folder had to be returned at the end of the meeting empty. If a family wasn't there it was the Den lleaders responsibility to get the info to them.

This also minimized announcements at the pack meeting and made sure it stayed a kids meeting not an adults business meeting. We loved it.

Hope this helps,

Bob White

How about a file system. Each den has a file folder with all the information they would ever need that is updated as new information comes out. This would be available at the monthly Pack meetings as well as the committee meetings. I would continue the e-mails & updating the web site. I would also explain that ignorance is no longer an excuse. The information is available froma a variety of places.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1