http://www.kiiitv.com/story/15063295/beloved-father-boy-scout-leader-passes-away

Some of our group saw this and the life flight helicopter on the way back across texas.

if any good comes out of this, maybe it can be used to encourage the medical checks, and camps to adhere to them, and, second, at least he was able to spend his last week with his boy.

That's terribly sad. Prayers for the family.

On a side note, I don't see anything in the story that indicates the gentleman didn't have a proper pre-camp medical exam, or that if he had it would have made a difference. Many heart attacks occur in people who don't have any prior signs or symptoms.

Prayers offered up for his family and scouts. He is already in Heaven and doesn't need our help. The hand of God was surely protecting those scouts that day.

I think we need a new forum topic for "Prayer Requests". Couldn't hurt...

did not mean to imply that the medical exam was faulty, etc. Just indicating that summer camp is as stressful on the adults as the boys, and with the extreme conditions we had at btsr, with the altitude, heat, and walking, this could happen to anyone. just that the camp itself is open to causing changes in one's condition, and proper medicals and adherence to them is a good thing and should be encouraged. Again, no implication intended with regards this man or camp.

News like this is always sad.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and Scouts.

Sounds as if the boys who were hurt are going to be OK.

My wish for all of them is a speedy recovery.

Ea.