Centennial camp theme

In my council, 2010 will mark two significant moments - the obvious centennial of Scouting and the 45th anniversary of one of our council camps.

I've thought it would be neat to offer a "throwback"-style summer camp program for older Scouts - going back to some of the original merit badges and rank requirements, old-style Scoutcraft stills to include tracking and trailing, using the original Brownsea patrol names, old-style uniforms, etc. Call it "Century Camp" or something similar. It could also incorporate some of the history of this particular camp.

Has anyone out there encountered such a program? Have any ideas or suggestions?

Oh my Gawd! What a horrible idea! None of that stuff is relevant in todays world! The boys might actually learn something which is not the goal of Summer Camp.

For an appropriate anniversary celebration, prepare a power point presentation about how Scouting has improved over the years and how they need to be thankful that they don't have to actually learn anything now.

For the record, the above is sarcasm.

Sorry - the system isn't letting me edit the post... That should be "Scoutcraft skills," not Scoutcraft stills. (Though I've known a few people who could probably lash together a gin mill...)

John-in-KC - This is entirely in the brainstorming phase right now, but I don't see any major costs other than any "throwback" uniforms or special training for the instructors, and maybe a reprint edition of Scouting for Boys.