I used my Alps tent and backpack for the first time this weekend. I have the Zephyr 2 and it is absolutely awesome. The only thing I would really say is that it could use to be just a tad bit bigger. Really for any price, I'd say this is a great tent for high adventure. Not something I'd want to share with another person for 3-4 days, but definitely a solid product!

The Alps folks are the most Scout friendly company I know. They have excellent prices for Scouts/Scouters although they do not publicize it as much as before because some retail outlets, who now carry their merchandise have complained that the deep discouts hurt their sales.

I own the larger Taurus 5 (?) Outfitter and am very pleased with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I second the praise on the folks at Alps.

I ordered the Extreme 3 outfitter and the day after it arrived took it on a winter camping trip where the temps dropped down to 20 degrees. EXCELLENT tent. Granted it didn't keep me warm my 0 degree bag did that. But in the morning there was no condensation inside the tent. And unlike the water that was left outside on the picnic table the water inside was not frozen.

The tent was reasonably easy to set up and roomy enough for two winter campers. Although our packs had to stay outside in the vestibules.

That would be the only complaint, the extreme 3 may have been made for 3 people but only the 3 that you really like because you're going to be sleeping right up against each other.

I like how my SIL put it while we were crawling into the bags "more like one guy and two girls". LOL

For the tent capacity on most tents you need to go down one from what the manufacturer suggests.

So a tent stating it is for 4 really only fits 3 adults comfortably. I don't think I would ever get a tent that was supposed to be a 1-man. A 2-man is the smallest I would go. Of course I am not exactly tiny either!