wide belt for outdoor use?

What kind of belt do you use for outdoor activities?

I generally carry quite a few things on my belt while camping etc (pocket knife,multitool, mobile, flashlight). For this purpose I use a 2.25 wide police leather belt, that I can easily put on and off wit some belt keepers.

Appropriate or not? Or what do you use? Standard scouts belt is quite narrow. And don't like the attire of military web belt.

Ah, but the Wide 2 1/2 inch web (airborne or now USMC martial arts) belt (not ALICE)is so much lighter than the Sam Browne leather and more comfortable in my opinion.

The ALICE belt is one thing I'm glad I don't have to use anymore. Although I can see it in Gold Wingers application. I'm using the butt pack that came as part of my pack for that - multi use, same weight. Lighter than the ALICE set up and OMG not military equipment.

I still prefer the look of a nice wide leather belt, rather than a webbing belt. Does anybody know where to find a police style belt in dark brown color?? This would match better with the rest of my uniform. Anybody else who uses a sam browne style belt?

I like the suspenders with the ALICE for a couple reasons. One is that I dont have to cinch the belt very tight to keep it up around my ample middle and the weight of the pack and the assorted pouches aren't dragging on my hips.

Oh yeah, I also wear my K-Bar on my left suspeneder :-) Just kidding. Its actually a bali-song on my belt. Still kidding. My hiking knife is a 1.5 oz Buck ultra-light which is tethered to a belt loop.

My standard equipment:

1.75" wide garrison belt (or scouts belt), in my pants.

2.25" wide police leather belt with two claw buckle, for equipment

On my belt I have pouches for: swiss pocket knife, multitool, mini maglite, maglite D-ring, cellphone, compass, key holder.

My equipment belt is worn over my pants belt with 'beltkeepers'(belt loops with snaps). Some small stuff (like first aid) generally goes into the side pockets of my BDU. And the the rest into my bag pack.

To me it looks OK with my Scouts uniform, however brown leather would be better.