Transportation to Philmont

Hi, Great news we are going to Philmont in '06. We are looking at transportation options and was wondering if anyone could give the names of companies that run shuttles from Colorado Springs to Philmont? We might actually take the train but I'm checking into flying... (that's what I vote for). We are coming from Wisconsin and I would really like to have an extra day to get used to the altitude. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dave

No suggestions on transport, but do want to encourage you to take the time to get used to the altitude. Colorado Springs is an excellent choice. You can do Royal Gorge, Pikes Peak and definitely don't pass up the Air Force Academy. Spend a day there siteseeing and you'll be amazed how much better you will handle the altitude.

• 1 month later...

Our Troop traveled by train from SE Wisconsin for our expedition to Philmont in 2003. We traveled from Chicago to Raton, NM. Philmont provides a shuttle (for a fee) from Raton to the Ranch. The train trip was about 24 hours each way and got a little tedious at times but I think overall it was a great experience. The Crew generally entertained themselves with card games and video games and just talking to each other. With the state of our railroads today, I think that few of them will ever take a cross country rail trip like that again. It made traveling to Philmont part of the adventure. I would recommend it.