Details about the 2007, 21st World Jamboree, which will be hosted in the UK are now on line.

Some things that I found that interested me were:

The cost: $3,975 per person. It looks as if participants will also have to pay to get to the Gateway City which will be designated by your region. Cost does not include travel to or from the prejamboree training site.

Participants. Scouts and Venturers between the ages of 14 and 17 years old on July 27, 2007that is specifically those born between July 28, 1989, and July 27, 1993may take part in the jamboree.

Yes Venturers can attend. I see no mention of them being male or female, so I'm thinking that both can attend.

Age requirements are set by the World Scout Committee and are not negotiable.

BSA assistant Scoutmasters and Venturers who are 18 years of age may serve (if selected) as the jamboree third assistant Scoutmaster or Advisor.

There will be job opportunities for another 800 Americans to serve on the International Service Team. Specific information is listed on the application.

There will be job opportunities for another 800 Americans to serve on the International Service Team. Specific information is listed on the application.

http://www.scouting.org/jamboree/world/index.html

Some things that I noticed were:

The application needs to have $500 first fee payment enclosed and then the second payment of $575 is due by September 30, 2005.

I thought that was a lot of money to find with very little notice.

Looking at the adult application form I had to smile when I seen :" Personal Appearance, including proper height-weight ratio"

I was hoping that both OJ and myself would attend he was thinking of going as a service team member, but he also talked about going to Ireland with Her Who Must Be Obeyed. $10,000 for the two of us would really put a strain on the family budget. It is a lot of money.

Eamonn.

• 4 weeks later...

The statement of proper height to weight ratio is a tough pill to swallow! Baden-Powell stated that a Scoutmaster ought to be a model of fitness to the boys. Agreed! I am fortunant enough to be within the proper height to weight ratio. I do however know some of the finest Scoutmasters in the business that would not meet this criteria! I can understand the thought process behind what Baden-Powell said and I can understand why it would be necessary for folks going to Philmont. Philmont is a safety issue. Baden-Powell had a very idealistic view of a Scoutmaster. As he should! I would not prevent my son from being in a Troop with leaders that were over or under weight if they were leading a great troop. My sons favorite Scoutmaster (He had 3) was a bit over the "Proper weight to height ratio". Anyway, the statement/requirement is a tough pill to swallow.

Yes, I've had problems with achieving the proper height-weight ratio. I've been trying for years and years to increase my height to make is proper for my weight but no matter what I try I don't have any success. Any suggestions?

Keep reaching for the stars! Perhaps this would increase your height? Folks tell me my head is in the clouds. Did you know that clouds were six feet two inches from the ground? Tee Hee

Happy Scouting!

Knotty Fox

Keep reaching for the stars! Perhaps this would increase your height? Folks tell me my head is in the clouds. Did you know that clouds were six feet two inches from the ground? Tee Hee

Happy Scouting!

Knotty Fox