Saw a troop today

OK.. not much to have us discuss with that one, unless you are in Troop 613..

So I will add to it..

I saw a Troop yesterday, invited to the COH before summer break. They had a nice picnic before the COH.

Differences from the Troop I was in:

1) When scouts cross over they give them a temporary neckerchief. Most had gotten Scout badge at this COH, so with that badge they are given the Troop neckerchief. I guess they are expensive, and were giving them out to loose scouts in the first month. Therefore they wait until they get the Scout Badge and seem commited.

2) Our Troop brought up everyone who earned a certain rank, and parents in a line and awarded the rank as a group. They did each scout & parent separetly.. The scout was pretty long seeing they had about 15 make this rank.

3) Their advancement was like you get after Summer camp. I was impressed until I remembered them say something about scouts going to a merit badge university. I still hope some of those were earned on their own.

Then there was one thing that really impressed me. I don't know how much was scout, learning within this troop, or this scout was NYLT trained or a camp counselor. (We had a scout like this and it was all his personality.) Anyway the scout got up and on his own chose to praise the efforts of another scout.. Something about going above and beyond scout spirit in the troop. He whipped out a nice new neckerchief that was not like the troop one, with writting and a picture.. Don't know how personal the picture was, but the word were to this newly created the award.. The humorus thing was the scout giving the award, had chosen the award to be named after him.. So if his name had been Timmy Turtle.. The award he created was the "Timmy Turtle Scout Spirit award".. He had the audience in fits of laughter over it.