Den leader knots for Wolves AND Bears?

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/CubScouts/resources/CSLeaderRecAwards.aspx

An Assistant Den Leader can earn this knot.

Cub Scouter Award

Tenure: Complete two years as a registered adult leader in a Cub Scout pack.

Not these as I read it:

Cub Scout Den Leader Award

Tenure: Complete one year as a registered Cub Scout den leader.

Tiger Cub Den Leader Award

Tenure: Complete one year as a registered Tiger Cub den leader (or coach)

Webelos Den Leader Award

Tenure: Complete one year as a registered Webelos den leader.

These state Den Leader, not Assistant Den Leader.

The Cub Scouter Award states registered adult leader.

(This message has been edited by ADCinNC)

The Cub Scouter Award (CSA) exists to recognize someone who makes a significant contribution to their Pack in positions of Committee Member, Committee Chair, Asst. Cubmaster, or Asst. Den Leader. The award is not intended to recognize those that primarily spend their time as Den Leaders and Cubmasters. I'm always a little suspicious when I see someone I know that has only served in positions of DL or CM and they also have a Cub Scouter Award.

As for the Den Leader on the original post: It's not appropriate to wear two Den Leader Awards on the uniform even if earned twice. One knot is enough as a matter of good taste. Also, based on his own testimony, he was given the Cub Scouter Award improperly because tenure for one award cannot be used for another. You can't do anything about it now regardless of the error that was made. The award has been given out and cannot be taken away. To maintain good relations with your new Den Leader, I would not say anything more about it or make an issue of it. Move forward with a great Cub program.

Jeffrey,

The requirements for the CSA do not state any position restrictions. From the record found here: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34169-54.pdf

TENURE

Complete 2 years as a registered adult leader in Cub Scouting in a pack. (emphasis mine)(Dates of service used to earn this award cannot be used to earn another key or award.)

and here: http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/CubScouts/resources/CSLeaderRecAwards.aspx

You can't double dip, using the same time for den leader's knot, and cub scouter's knot. Typically: den leaders will earn the den leader knots that fit with the positions they have held; the CM will be working toward unit leader award of merit; the trainer working on the park trainer award; Committee members will work toward the cub scouter award. It's possible for any cub scout leader to work on the cub scouter knot, must don't if they are in a position that offers a specific knot, and do not already hold it.