A "I should know better" question about some patches!

Okay, this is probably a dumb question, and I know I should know better.....BUT....... :)

Okay, it's actually a two part question AND concerns two different patches.

1)At the end of our season, my (then) bear son earned his Cub Scout Outdor Activity Award patch and LNT/ Outdoor Ethics patch.

He did this at our pack family campout/ crossover campout....so he technically earned it as a bear, but then went home as a Webelos scout.

So can this patch(s) go on the Webelos uniform or is it a "Ooops! Supposed to go on bear uniform."

2) Secondly, Right now, the outdoor activity award patch is tacked on (with thread) to his left pocket flap and the LNT/OE is hanging from the left pocket button with one of those $.99 clear patch holder things.

Okay, it really comes down to this: My son and the rest oh his den worked pretty hard to earn these two patches and I'd hate to think he couldn't display them because of rank at which they were earned and because of the change of uniforms.

I bought his (khaki) Webelos Uniforn shirt about 3 weeks ago, and we just finished the council. pack, etc...patches yesterday.

He is sooo proud of those patches...but also wants them to be right also. No, he won't be a UP, but he likes stuff right too.

Anyways, answers are appreciated, correct answers even more so! :)

'Fish,

Webelos are still CS, their program just begins a transition to BS. CS Outdoor Activity Award is worn on the RIGHT pocket flap still, and if he earns it as a Webelos, he gets the paw print pin in lieu of a 2nd patch.

The LNT Award is temporary insignia, and if he decides to wear it, it goes on the RIGHT pocket flap. Also the patch is suppose to be diplayed in a diamond appearance, so the square pocket holders don't work for it. Me personally I 'ld put it on a patch vest or blanket

Here are two uniform resources I use alot.

#1 The insignia guide can be found here

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide.aspx

#2 Scoutstuff.org had a documents page that provides links to inspection sheets, new scout and leader uniform info, etc.

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/forms.aspx

What I did with my TC Den and pack leaders, and will be doing again in the fall,is print one copy of the sheets, mark out what they do not need ( some of the info is off still after I've contacted National about it, i.e. leaders needing MB sashes) , and passed out copies.

Hope it helps.

It doesn't matter what rank they were earned, he can still wear them (and on the Right pocket/flap). My boys have earned the Outdoor Activity Award every year and the patch flap just stays on and gets a new wolf track pin each year. As I understand it, any temporary insignia earned as a Cub Scout can be worn any time during the Cub Scout years. The hard part may be choosing which one - or getting someone to help change things out!

Thanks for the replies!

Okay, stupid me: The patch is on his right pocket. I...uhh...ahem...cough cough...was looking at his shirt and the right pocket was on MY left side as I was facing it! :)

So, the patch IS on the right pocket. just me not thinking ! :p

one other point is that the boys do not cross-over to Webelos from Bears, nor between any other Cub years...the change comes based on the calendar...June 1st...so it does not matter whether it is before of after the ceremony....

of course in this case, it does not matter since advancing to the next year does not change the ability to wear the patch...