New Uniform Shorts/Swimsuit

I was a little surprised at the $30 price until I saw the present price on Centennial Switchbacks ($50).

We're those new Switchbacks cheaper a few weeks ago? I don't remember them being that expensive.

Guy

i really cant believe the prices there gouging us for, one thing i learned years ago is if you see a green pair of shorts buy them. you dont know how hard it is to find green pants that look like scout shorts but arent. i think scout swimming trunks are crazy!

I always am amazed when I spend time up at summer camp at the amount of boys who will wear their swimsuit all day long, every day for the week. These at least will match the uniform shirt, unlike the bright orange and white board shorts.

I was excited at the $30 price, but that is because I had been looking at the $50 pants first...

That's the funny thing about all this. There are relatively new Scout swim trunks:

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=APPAREL&C3=AOTHER&C4=&LV=3&item=644BSST&prodid=644BSST^8^01RTL&

The price is very reasonable, at $9.99 a pair. I'd agree, unnecessary, but reasonable. 100% nylon, mesh lining, pockets, logo, etc.

Make a set of shorts with similar specs, and a fly I suppose, approved for uniform wear, and the price is now $20 more.

Guy

Did anyone else notice this from the link posted by the OP?

"Our Centennial Supplex Uniform Short is designed to offer a Land to Water option that is functional and convenient. Stuck at the Aquatics Center before needing to report to the Mess Hall in full Class A? This new short is the answer! Throw it to the test at Summer Camp and let us know what you think. This short is made from 100% Supplex Nylon that is light weight and quick drying, yet a durable, athletic fabric. It is also an anti-microbial product that offers great sun protection with a UPF rating of 50 . This is a complete moisture management product."

Did a BSA official page actually make reference to "Class A" uniforming?

Hmmmm....