new Centennial Ring Emblem...

I bought my uniform earlier this week, just in time for our Rally. I've been slowly getting my small number of patches on. When I mentioned at the scout shop that I had a hard time making the numbers straight on DS's uniform, they suggested sewing the numbers together first. This worked wonders. When I was facing the World Crest with the ring, I decided to try the same thing. It looks great. I haven't got it on the uniform yet (still trying to figure out how high above the pocket the thing goes), but I plan on removing DS's World Crest and doing the same thing with the donut when he gets his (Our Pack is talking about giving them to the boys at Blue and Gold).

mistysmere

"When I mentioned at the scout shop that I had a hard time making the numbers straight on DS's uniform, they suggested sewing the numbers together first."

This is why getting the special order one piece unit numbers is a good idea...

Minimum order is just 12.

Suggest that your Pack think about doing this.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a sidebar about this topic.

I recently noticed that some enterprising individual is selling these "Ring patches" on Ebay.

The sad part is that the starting price/bid is $3.95 plus postage.

I noticed that the first time I saw this, there were a few bids on each of them shooting the price above $6 & $7.

I guess there is a sucker born every minute.

Too bad these people didn't know about their local scout shop or scout stuff.

Actually, a previous edition of the uniform and insignia guide said the world crest patch was to be placed 3" below the seam of the shoulder on the shirt.

Technically, this is close to centered, but when you start getting into the larger shirt sizes "centered" is not correct. I believe the current insignia guide dropped the 3" measurement.