What neckware is allowed for a DL?

If I understand correctly, There is quite a bit of latitude allowed to Adult Leaders in Cub Scout packs.

As a DL, I would be allowed to wear the Bolo, the Blue Den Leader Scarf, or no Neckware at all. Are there any other options other than those, either officially issued via supply division, or something custom that is allowed? (Excluding stuff you must earn like the Woodbadge Scarf, etc.)

Thanks for any advice.

(Also, if this differs for BS Adult Leaders, I'd be interested in knowing the distinctions)

You are correct that adults are allowed a great deal of leeway on neckware. This is true in both cubs and boy scouts. Can't speak about venture. The main advice I would tender is to use the neckware adopted by the unit if the unit has a preference. This sets a better example to the boys.

That said, I still have my neckerchief collection from when I was a scout and I wear these on some of the strictly adult things, mostly training, in which I participate. They become nice conversatin pieces.

AFAIK, Packs don't adopt their own neckware. That's only true for scout troops. There are standard neckerchiefs for Bear and Wolf Cubs, and the Webelos Scouts. Those are what they are expected to wear. For adults in a cub pack, it would probably be nothing, the Den Leader necker, a bolo, or other neckerchief you are entitled to wear (WB participant or WB necker, etc).

Please don't use the term 'venture' when refering to Venturing. They aren't interchangable. By and large, neckerchiefs aren't worn in Venturing, but I know of some crews that may use them.

Yep CS leaders have a lot of leeeway. Most leaders in troops wear the troop necker if theri is one.

Me personally I have a collection of neckers and I rotate wearing them. I wear one for all activities that week, then put it back in the drawer. They are great conversation starters with both the boys and adults.