District Patch Question

Click 23, sorry for the brainfart! We have been telling people to put the Comm. arrowhead above the sleeve pocket NOT below the CSP.. Not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that!

Sorry for the mixup!

"If your not a BEAR, your food!"

C-17-08

The reference in the Insignia Guide to the "traditional yellow blouse" is to a uniform version which did not have a pocket on the right front. This was a version of the female uniform which can be seen here: http://users.aol.com/coffeeweb/LO/graphics/denmom.jpg

As you can see in this illustration the temporary insignia is worn in what we think of as the "Jamboree position".

This is the only type of the uniform blouse which for which wearing temporary insignia in this position is authorized. If you have a women's blouse or shirt with a right pocket, then insignia are worn just the same as men.

Info,

I am going to have to disagree with you. This is the quote from the insignia guide:

"Female leaders wearing either the traditional yellow Cub Scout leader blouse, the optional tan leader blouse, or the Venturing blouse, may wear one temporary insignia centered above the Boy Scouts of America strip."

It clearly says "tan leader blouse, or the Venturing blouse".

"When you have a retired MCPO as Dist. Comm., and the uniform inspections points have decided who won the district trophy in the past, they get nit picky. "

Hmmmm . . . we had a retired MCPO as Dist. Commish and I don't recall ever having a uniform inspection at camporee. In any case, isn't the camporee a function of the district committee and not a commissioner responsibility?

GW,

Yep the camporee is a district function. But the commissioners handle the uniform inspection. Sorry my brain is fried at the moment, but I believe at one time an annual uniform inspection was something the commissioner staff was to do. This is a holdover from that time as it is considered the annual inspection. Also points towards toe camporee's award are given, and some units int he past have lost because of the inspection. Everyone takes it seriously here.