Toning down the uniform?

Most Troops in our area have the youth vote on what color the Troop t-shirt will be.

The Troops that do wear neckerchiefs seem to have Troop Neckers that have been unchanged for a long time.

Back when I was Day Camp Director I did go for colors that stood out, in order to make finding the little fellows a little easier.

Eamonn

As far as Packs/Troops there are many reasons for color choices as stated. AS Eamonn has stated, for safety, bright "loud" colors are most often chosen for things like Cub Day camp so that the little ones are eiser to spot in grass/trees and when walking away from a group to check a bug......

Sidenote: InfoScouter, is that Anoka,MN or Salem,MA as the Holloween Towne? Just curious, not argumentative.

Rick

Our troop colors are purple and neon green. They were picked some 20 years ago by the fist PLC to represent the wine grapes grown in our town and the leaves of those vines. We're the only troop in our area with those colors, so when we do a camporee or whatever, our boys are always "spotable". All the other troop settle on Red, Blue or Green.

I like the new uniforms, and I like the old ones too. One things for sure. Once we get used to them in some years from now, they'll change again. That you can count on.

Our troop t-shirts are a set of five, each a different color. During summer camp, the SPL sets the color of the day and we are ensured that the Scouts are wearing at least a clean shirt.

One of the colors is yellow, and is mandated for biking trips.

Ed