Venturer Pants

I just returned from WEBELOS 6 Day Resident camp with my oldest son., The camp's TP had pairs of the Venturer Gray cargo pants... I liked their style and fit and practicality for typical scout outer wear. They were hemmable too..

Wow - Wouldn't it be great if the Boy Scout Handbook was a "fit in the pocket" book again - referencing excerpt from Scoutstuff website below ..

Excerpt...

Stone-washed gray uniform pants are 100% cotton canvas duck cloth with a Venturing label on the front right pocket. Features an adjustable waistband and cargo pocket large enough to hold the Venturer/Ranger Handbook!

Quality, Fit, Finish.

Even at $37 (which seems to be a dumping price before Grey Switchbacks hit the inventory), Venturing pants and shorts were easily the very worst of the BSA Supply Corporation uniform products.

We have a Cabela's and a Bass Pro in our local area. Both offer an identical color, 100% cotton (tighter weave, better construction, belt loops meant for field wear, and so on)... trouser and short. Many Crews have blown off Supply Corporation in favor of the professional outfitter firms.

Did I mention the shorts were $21, and the trou $31?

What's the diff? Well, instead of a plastic imitation bone button, you get a grey plastic button.

I for one am delighted Uniform is NOT a Method of Venturing. We do encourage our young men and women to have appropriate attire, but I know a DC and an ADC who wear "other than" Supply Corporation product.