New uniforms not "Made In USA"

Frank

Your unscoutlike behavior and false accusations prove how pathetic you are as a person. What I related here comes direct from a friend at National, and Bob and is 100% true.

It is not my attempt to discredit Bob at all but rather the wrong direction,IMO he is taking the BSA. Frank you might be interested to know at the 2010 Jamboree Bob and I actually had lunch together and we discussed some of these issues. We both have had a good relationship and friendship over the years as my former boss and now a friend, so Frank your are just being nothing more than a malicious little prig.

To all of you forum members Frank comes off to me as a former scouter with some real chips on his shoulder and a very bitter person, why Terry made him a moderator is beyond me. Take anything Frank says about me or anyone else with a grain of salt, because that is all it is worth. Frank I hope you will start acting like a man and end your little attacks because you come off as just being pathetic.

This discussion topic started years ago, long before Mazzuca became chief Scout executive. Uniforms were being made overseas long before he was CSE. Your recurring negative comments and misrepresentations about the CSE and national are so frequent as to have become meaningless and makes one question whether anything you say about him is true.

By the way, when did we get to be on a first name basis? Introduce yourself...

Frank

You need to get your facts correct first of all and nothing you stated in your last post is even close to true. You are a very small man Frank and each post here just continues to prove it. All that aside, yes I am on a first name basis with Bob and have been for many years, since he was my SE. Here is another fact that is really going to frost you good Frankie, two years ago I was offered a position at National, but turned it down due to my current career/vocation and the fact I would never want to pull up roots to live in Texas.

Yes I strongly disagree with certain paths Bob is taking the BSA down, but he truly believes that the BSA will not attract this country's vastly diverse ethnic youth and non outdoorsy youth, or even possibly survive if some drastic steps are not taken.

The uniform issue is strictly a monetary thing for National nothing more or less, but I have told him it still sends the wrong message on many levels. We both agree to disagree and since he is the CSE he is in the control seat, at least for now.

So Frankie you can now get off your high horse and concentrate on being a decent forum moderator for a change. By the way the CSE is not a dignitary or head of state and he does not stand on ceremony when being greeted by any scout/scouter.

"Maybe a $100 per year registration fee would be a better way to fund our organization."

I'll choose that option! I pay $40.00 in registration to my pack which splits it 50/50 with council/national. Then I pay $ 50.00 for my uniform pants, $39.00 for my uniform shirt, @$20.00 for my nylon Scout Jac wannabe because I cannot justify $100.00 for the real thing , then add in all the council patches, unit numbers, rank patches, shoulderloops, necker, slider, hat, socks, belt, name tag.....

Oh wait, I haven't even gotten to my still growing 10 year old son who will need all new patchs and number in about a year in addirt tion to a larger size uniform.

$100.00? Hell yeah,. I'll take that in a nanosecond!

I too agree with the "whole fee up front" plan. Or do quarterly installments.

Status quo: "Pay this fee...now buy this overpriced uniform...now sell this popcorn...now contribute to FOS...."

It's more than a monetary issues--it's about respect as well.

"Another interesting tidbit of information recently passed on to me is that the CSE and other key leaders at National have their uniforms custom made by an American tailor/manufacturer because the standard uniform at supply division, just doesn't fit right and is very uncomfortable."

BadenP, any chance you got the name of the tailor? I wouldn't mind a uniform that fits across the shoulders correctly :)

Back when the first shirts were moved from Newco manufacturing to overseas, we wondered how the made-to-measure shirts would be handled. It sounds like that's what the CSE, etc are having done, which I'd assume they had done in the past with Newco and Sweet-orr.

Begs the question though, if this is the M2M program through supply, then would people be willing to pay extra and order them that way? (M2M required a 2-piece order of "like" items, so you could get a long and short sleeve shirt, or a pair of shorts and pants, but not one top/pant)