Medals are worn pinned above the left pocket, on the seam where the pocket flap joins the shirt.

Medals are worn on formal oscasions.

A religious medal earned as a Cub Scout may be worn by the boy as a Boy Scout and later as an adult.

The Insignia Guide answers all of these questions.

In addition to what fgoodwin wrote, there is a five medal limit.

Fgoodwin wrote, "A religious medal earned as a Cub Scout may be worn by the boy as a Boy Scout and later as an adult."

I don't believe this is correct. For example, in Insignia Guide 2005, for Religious Emblems for Tiger Cubs section, the description for each medal contains, "may be worn on Cub Scout uniform, above left pocket." (Emphasis is mine). Also, in the Religious Emblems for Cub Scouts section, the last medal described, Light of the World, Community of Christ, is written, "Cub Scout, above left pocket." I believe that that is also meant for all the other medals too. Granted, all this is a bit vague, there is nothing stating that the medals cannot be worn on the Boy Scout or Scouter uniform.

Now, the religious emblems knot can be worn on the Boy Scout or Scouter uniform for religious emblems earned as a Cub Scout. That is stated. Furthermore, the devices representing the Scouting level earned may also be worn. There is a Cub Scout device, a Webelos Scout device, etc.

SWScouter