Pine Wood Derby Patches

This is the sort of thing that can be put on the infamous "red vest". Some of the 2nd year Webelos in our Pack have vests that are so covered with patches you can barely see the red felt underneath! They wear them at all the Pack meetings and the younger boys love to look at the patches and speculate on when they'll get more patches themselves. Good PR for Pack activities.

so if the cubs are wearing the progress towards rank advancment, there is no place on the uniform for the patch to be worn? Also, can you wear unofficial patches (like from a meuseum) as the temporary insignia?

Eric

meamemg,

you're not a needle & thread type are you? That could be part of the confusion. Some parents, probably many parents, have taken to using the plastic diamond cub advancement holder. If your still sewing onto the uniform, then yes its hard to see sewing a Pinewood patch over the advancement patch or plastic patch holder. Fortunately most of the patches that we've designed/used lately have come with a convenient loop for slipping over the pocket button. (The patch holder & patch loop are secured behind the pocket flap.) Since I wear the Tan... I've added a loop of tan boot lace to the older patches that I like to wear & swap them out at will.

Bob