When did the AOL move?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, Bob White demonstrates that the Scout Law is meaningless to him.

Bob White, the difference is that I know that there is much that isn't in your precious books. Much information flows in the upper levels of any organization that is inaccessible to most of the membership unless they really need to know it.

"Much information flows in the upper levels of any organization that is inaccessible to most of the membership unless they really need to know it."

I guess it was deemed unnecessary for the lower levels (i.e. packs) to know it was okay for packs to have an option on tan or khaki shirts.

Sm406

"I guess it was deemed unnecessary for the lower levels (i.e. packs) to know it was okay for packs to have an option on tan or khaki shirts."

It may well have been done because one or more units pushed the issue but BSA doesn't want to encourage it.

" How many wear their uniform EXACTLY according to policy?"

I don't because I don't have official pants. However, all of my patches are within 1/8" of where they are supposed to be. My son is uniformed exactly to spec. My troop has three ASMs that could be models for "How to wear the uniform."

My uniform and my son's are right on the money. What is the purpose of a uniform if it isn't "uniform"? My pet peeve is the World Crest. Working from memory, the World Crest is supposed to be placed midway between the shoulder seam and the top of the left pocket and centered over the pocket. In most cases, that places it right below the point of the lapel. I don't know if it looks funny there to some people or what, but they end up placing it and inch or two above their pocket. Wrong! Another pet peeve is the trained patch. Geez people, look at the insignia guide, it isn't rocket science. OK, I guess I have a lot of pet peeves. Because my next one is the Webelos colors. The proper placement is pinned just below the US Flag. Yes, it cover up the other patches on the sleeve, but that is the regulation. Most boys pin it on the very end of their sleeve where it is flapping against their elbow so their other patches will show. The last one I'll mention is spacing. Regs call for the patches to bump edge to edge. A lot of people want to space them all the way down the sleeve. Just read the insignia guide, look at the pictures, sew accordingly and you too can be "uniformed"!! ;)