Appropriate Headgear for a Cubmaster?

Troops can make their own hats and t-shirts. Why shouldnt a pack be able to make their own hats? ours has their own t-shirts. Venture Crews get to decide on what their uniform consists of even. Why shouldnt the packs get to have their own hats to tell who they are a little bit more. I like uniforminity too, but think units should have some indivuallallity (sp).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of being labeled a "by the booker" I'll point out that Cub Scout packs are perfectly free to create "Class B" hats, t-shirts and/or boxer shorts if they like. They just aren't in full uniform when they wear them. (I'm kidding about the boxers -- please don't write that there are no official Scout boxers.)

I'm no fan of the Cub Scout hats, which you know if you've been following this thread. I think they are cheaply made given the price. But the uniform is the uniform.

Pack t-shirts serve the function of providing the boys an inexpensive shirt to wear during sports or activities during which they may ruin their uniform shirt. Hats, in my judgement (and that of my Pack committee)don't serve that same function. We decided against pack hats because it would just be one more thing to buy for no real purpose.

"I was once told, that the only division in scouting that makes money, is the merchandizing division."

Just for clarification caddmommy it is actually called the "Supply Division", and you are correct it is the only division to make money. However it is the only division that sells anything, and so no other division is capable of making money. :)

Bob White

• 1 month later...

It looks like we are all in the same boat and we are all shouting at the wind. I think I will take along a ball cap made for a our reservation and my expedition cap and see which on they will let me wear.ThanksIdolove a great support group. At least we all have the same probs. Rule's and paper work. Got to love it. What I'm going to hate about my Wood Badge Course is Arkansas is playing Texas and I can't even hear the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Marty, I got the hat!!

My Scout Shop now has them in stock. It is a blue mesh baseball cap, the front panel is yellow (gold), centered in the front panel is the generic CS logo, a blue diamond with a yellow embroidered wolf in it. Inside the hat is a bar code that appears to be stock number for this item. The bar code number is 03123959.

This might be too late for your class, but I thought you might like to know that it really does exisit.

(This message has been edited by fotoscout)